One the eve of Open Beta and inspired by this post on the Warhammer Alliance forums, I have decided to throw up a post detailing my predictions for Aion and what we will be seeing in the first year. I encourage anyone who wants to join in the fun to comment with their own predictions for Aion. Let’s try to make the predictions as specific as possible, don’t just say that you predict an expansion announcement but also predict what will be in that expansion. Try to give at least 2-3 predictions. In one year’s time I will dredge this up from the blog’s depths and see how we did! Ready? Here’s mine:
- Between 550,000 and 700,000 subscribers in North America and Europe and an additional 4-5 million in Asia, making Aion the second largest pay-to-play MMO in the world.
- At least one full raid instance in the WoW-mold, with multiple bosses with complex strategies. We Westerners like our raids and this is one thing that, I believe, NCSoft will oblige.
- Two more PvPvE “battleground” instances. We Westerners also like our Battlegrounds!
- Introduction of limited UI modding.
- Clerics and assassins will get nerfed and Spiritmasters will get buffed.
- Building hype for the first paid Aion expansion. Features touted will be housing, level cap increase to 55, expanded Abyss, non-traditional siege mounts, 2 new races to join the battle and a number of new PvE areas and instances.
So, that’s my predictions! Let’s see yours! Comment away!