Thanks to Liv and Twitvid, we were able to see a new interview video with Aion Lead Designer Yongchan Jee (nice mullet that guy has, btw!), in which he drops some interesting information. On top of that list:
- As long as he is the designer the Balaur will never, ever be a playable faction. From the answer, I think they have some tricks up their sleeves to make the Balaur more dynamic than they are currently.
- They are currently looking at putting a couple of low-level (before 25) instances into the game. This is nice, I liked low level instances in WoW and it really helped you learn how to play your character properly in a group situation. At the same time, they need to be careful with instancing and not overdo it. I don’t want an instance heavy world like WoW. Give me open-world dungeons and I am happy.
- They are already designing housing for the game. Sounds like both Legion and player housing. They want to combine it with aspects of Aion, whatever that means? Floating houses, maybe?
- They are currently looking at integrating social networking into the game, Twitter and such. Not sure where I stand on this, on one hand it’s great to be able to contact friends easier in and out of game, but on the other hand it kills immersion.
- They are developing a new Abyss zone that is less spread out and more concentrated. I am not entirely sure if this replaces the current Abyss or is in addition to it. I hope, personally, that it is in addition. Having Fortresses more concentrated is nice but so is having smaller fights and skirmishes. Spreading out the Fortresses into a larger zone allows for this, in my opinion.
- Finally, they are adding mounts. No other details but he cryptically states that they will be used for something other than transportation, since we already have wings for that. Hmm, only thing I can think of is having them for movable Siege Weapons for Fortress fights.
So, lots of nice information in this video. I am really interested in what we see coming up in the future for Aion. Also seems that they are adding content at a feverish pace.
The video can be seen right here!